Monday, March 16, 2009

Paint it blue, tan, blue....

Well, I finally got the boys' room painted.  Ethan's went from blue to tan and Gavin's from yellow to blue.  It probably would have been easier to just move the furniture but I do not do anything the easy way.  We went back and forth between rooms putting a coat on one room then moving to the other and back again.  Ethan wanted an army man room and Gavin wanted a Star Wars room.  I still have a lot of things to do in each room but even if I decide to quit, which is likely, they are both really happy with the way they are now.  My dad went to the army surplus store on post and bought the camo netting for E's room.  We just tacked it up to the walls and ceiling to create a draped canopy.  My father really liked it and said it looked like a GI put it up because it was not 'perfect'.  He thought it was a great boys room and loved the military theme, he will really like it once the fathead helicopter gets hung on the wall, after all, he is a retired pilot.  Gavin loves blue and wanted his room to be Star Wars.  I hung up their light sabers and put up an Attack of the Clones movie poster, a Boba Fett fathead will be put up later.  I am looking for a black valance to hang over his windows and I am still going to hang white christmas lights around the ceiling.  My husband thinks I am insane to hang christmas lights but I know the boys will love it and that is what matters.  That is the great thing about kids, they do not care if things are not perfect or that they are completely cheesy, they are still happy.  Which is a blessing considering our budget and my lack of talent! Ha 

It is hard to get a picture of the canopy, it covers the top part of the bed so if you lay down on the pillows you are looking up into the canopy.

Ethan's army room
E and G in Gavin's new star wars room
Star Wars room



No comments:

Post a Comment